Monday, June 25, 2012

Tool #5

Producing with Web 2.0 Tools

I created a video on making a tessellation using Screenflix. I didn't realize that I couldn't export the video. I can see using this tool to save an instructional video to a class wiki or my teacher web page.That way if students wanted to go through the instructions again, they could watch the video as many times as they needed to. I can also see asking students to make a video of images of vocabulary words they found on the internet.

This is a cartoon I made using MakeBeliefsComix. It's an old joke. Students could write their own comic strips to illustrate a definition or to answer a frequently asked question.

Finally, here is a picture of a word cloud that I made using Wordle. It's a list of geometry vocabulary words form the first chapter of our textbook. I can think of many ways to incorporate word clouds into my class. Student could match word clouds listing the properties of a geometric figure to the names of the figures.If we used Google Docs to create a class review for a test we could create a word cloud from the text of the review. It might give a slightly different picture of what students need to review than the text document.


No comments:

Post a Comment